Health, Safety & Environmental Protection Policy
It is the Company's Policy to promote and enhance Health and Safety at Sea, Prevention of Human Injury or loss of life, welfare of employees and avoidance of any adverse impact on the environment (marine or otherwise), including property.
The Company's objectives regarding Safety Management are:
- To provide for Safe Practices in ship Operation and a safe and healthy working environment.
- To prevent damage to the ship, her cargo and the environment.
- To assess all identified risks to its ships, personnel and the environment, to establish safeguards against identified risks and to operate the ships within ALARP.
- To prevent loss of human life and personal injury.
- To continuously improve Safety Management skills of personnel ashore and aboard ships, including preparing for emergencies related both to Safety, Health & Environmental Protection.
- To ensure that seafarers' work environment on board ships promotes occupational safety & health.
In order to effectively implement its Health, Safety Management & Environmental Protection Policy the Company:
- Has appointed dedicated personnel with the responsibility to maintain an overview of Health, Safety and Environment matters.
- Consistently follows all national and international rules and regulations governing the Marine Industry.
- Takes into account applicable guidelines, standards, codes and publications which are issued by maritime organisations and are directed towards creating a safe and pollution free environment.
- Implements a Shipboard Occupational Health & Safety Program (SOHSP)
- Continuously monitors all safety, pollution prevention and occupational health aspects of the vessels.
- Complies with applicable legal and other requirements to which the company subscribes which relate to its Occupational Health & Safety hazards, environmental aspects and energy use, consumption and efficiency.
- Frequently inspects and audits the vessels and carries out necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Continuously improves its management system by taking corrective & preventive action for identified problem areas.
- Provides adequate information and resources to effectively implement this management system and achieve objectives and targets.
- Provides a framework for setting & reviewing OH&S, energy, environmental & other objectives and targets
- Makes every effort to provide a safe and healthy workplace and considers working safely a condition of employment.
- Provides necessary resources to implement the occupational health and safety program.
- Recognizes that no task is so important for an employee to put himself at risk of injury or illness in order to get it done.
- Protects the Health of seafarers and provides prompt access to medical care on board and ashore when needed.
- Supports the purchase of energy efficient products and services, and where applicable supports design energy efficiency improvements.
All Company employees, shore based and sea going are responsible for implementing the Company's Health, Safety, Environmental & Energy Policy are required to comply with the applicable standards and with the ship's occupational safety & health program.